Saturday, June 26, 2010

And some more updates...

Thursday

Today was also quite busy as we had some meetings and stuff to do. The new warehouse is coming in a little behind schedule but it is starting to look really good. I haven’t gone up to the new offices in a week or two so I can’t really report on them. However, my desk is looking a little better as I am adding some pictures and stuff to my wall so it’s not completely desolate and depressing. Although the walls are still blank.

Tonight held in store haircuts and a good workout session for me and Joe. We went over to the gym for our usual game of ping pong. I am starting to get quite good I might add. I even have my own paddle (watch out). Then we went out for a good haircut. As I said before, the haircuts here are awesome. They wash your hair, cut it, wash it again, then gel it…if your getting a shave its even better. However my ability to control facial hair is the same as a 12 year old boy so I am pretty much screwed. After that we went out to a bar on the beach to enjoy the night and grab some food. It was a good atmosphere as there were loads of people, the world cup and good music. Then we hit the sack for our road trip to Oman on Friday.

Friday

Today was our road trip to Oman. I needed to go to Oman to renew my visa. Otherwise we were going to have to pay a good amount of money that neither one of us really have the money to pay for. The day started off early, I mean early in the sense that today was our day off, but we woke up and got ready to leave the house around 10. We picked up Waleed and headed for Oman. I will compare driving to Oman like driving thorough southeastern Ohio mixed with the Appalachians….only think a lot of sand. There was a stretch of nothing but sand dunes followed by a stretch of nothing but mountains. It was absolutely amazing to see. I mean I’m not used to seeing this type of landscape and it was truly one to experience. I took along my sunflower seeds, some crackers and a red bull and we hit the Oman boarder. I really didn’t get to see much in Oman as the nearest town with anything in it is another hour away so we turned around and came back. That night was the USA game so we needed to find a place to watch it. What better place to watch it then right in our own backyard. So we stayed at the house and watched the US play. We contemplated going out to a club but then realized we were way to tired to do much of anything so Joe hit the sack and I chilled back and watched the England game.

Saturday

Yesterday, I got in a way another day off as I had to stay at the house to wait for the Air Conditioning guys to come. This is becoming a regular Saturday habit for me the past two weeks. I watched a movie or two, when the AC guys came I thought ok, cool I can now go to work but then I realized they didn’t fix anything so I had to call them back. So that took another three hours so I went and swam for a bit and laid out, then they came and tried to fix it, then left and came back and finally they fixed it. A major relief for me and Joe as we finally had a cool room. We relaxed and watched a movie when he got back and then headed to the gym. We had a good workout, took some showers and then headed out to our place of choice in the Lighthouse. We had some good food and relaxation before heading back to the house to watch some more soccer and end the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment