Saturday, June 26, 2010

Updating from a long time...

Tuesday

Not really much happened today at the office. We did move into our new offices which was a nice change of pace, yet the offices are still bare. We really have to do something about them because I’m not sure if I can stare at blank wall for two more months I might go clinically insane. We got stuck with another task at work to coordinate all outbound shipments and have a daily update tracker on where everything is going, where it is at, and approximately when it will be there, while having all the details about the shipment up to date and available. In crude lamen terms that means it’s a heck of a lot of work and if something isn’t updated in the system well then it’s a major pain. To this day it hasn’t gone smoothly for one complete day but there is still hope. After work we headed out to the gym to get a little workout in. I also got to play a little bit of soccer in the gym with a group of guys who were playing pick up so I had a pretty good time.

Wednesday

I received my first official task of my own I guess you could say and it is something I have never done before so it should be fun. I was put in charge of designing and constructing a business brochure for the company complete with information, photos and the other things that go into a brochure. So I had to get on the internet and take a crash course in the language and structure behind marketing and advertising, something I know nothing about. However, I thought it was a very educational day as I spent all 8 hours looking over other companies brochures gathering ideas and mapping out a couple of things. The day wore on as usual and I couldn’t wait to play some soccer that night.
The time came to pack up and head out for the night and I was ready to play some football however the weather was not. It was absolutely dreadful outside with the temperature hovering around the low 90’s and the humidity as bad as it could be. I mean our first game was at 8:45 and I was still sweating putting my boots on. After the first game my shirt was so completely soaked that it looked like I had just taken a bath in it. We won the first game and lost the second one to a pretty darn good team. We did just enough to remain in the Top group of the league as this last section was an elimination section where two groups fall down a league.

Thursday

Today was all about waiting for the night. As I previously stated in my blog I won two tickets to a grand opening VIP party and we couldn’t wait to go. Free drinks, food, prizes and more awaited us at the brand new Barasti Beach stadium at 8:00PM. The only problem was it was at 8PM and we had to go through a full day of work. So we worked, and as our luck would have it the day was busier than a wal-mart on black Friday. We were back and forth and up and down and I was trying to get a draft finished for the brochure, Joe was trying to finish reports and take report tests and man was it a mess. I did finish my draft of the brochure around the afternoon and from then on it was ok but the first half of the day did more than make up for it. We left the office around 6 to get home shower and get ready. Before the party we hit up the mall to get some USA shirts so that we could show our pride against what were mostly England fans.
We got to the party and man was that stadium awesome. It holds around 1,200 people and is air conditioned. Also it houses two bars and a 13.5 meter screen with HD capabilities. Immediately I knew where I would be watching the entire world cup. We walked in and there were Carlsberg cheerleaders and enough beer to make a small country drunk and then the music started and so did the party. We were there till around 1030 when it opened to the public and then the place just got too packed for our liking so we left. I did however, get some free stuff and I took third place in a dance competition so all in all it was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment