Monday, June 7, 2010

Barasti Beach

OK...so here was the best thing to happen to us while I have been here. Every morning we listen to the Chris and Chad show on Virgin Radio Dubai and they have been talking about this Barasti Beach Stadium that is being constructed for the world cup. It is an indoor stadium on the beach that houses 1200 people and they are throwing a VIP Cocktail Party on the 10th to open it up. The only way to get a Golden Ball (VIP pass) is to win one off the radio competitions.

So here is the story, every morning they have a thing where you text barasti to the station and then they call the first person and they win a golden ball. So when I woke up this morning I was like well let's try it for the 10th time and I got called around 9:30...Imagine my face in the office haha. Anyway I won two tickets to the VIP party and a free t-shirt. Even better is the drawing. Out of the 60 golden balls given away, 30 will get unlimited access, drinks, and a supporters package for the entire world cup. We are talking about a month's worth of FREE BEER. Carlesberg if you want to know. So on thursday me and Joe will depart for the stadium in hopes of winning this prize.

This was a great day, not to mention Barasti Beach Bar is on the list of the top 100 Bars in the world....so cool. I will definetly post on this after thursday so keep your eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment